
Thank the Lord, I am finally here. i do admit i have absolutely no idea what day it is or what time it is here... but i am here.
i think its wednesday? it was one bloody long flight i can tell you that much.
Bekah and gift took me to the airport on US monday time at 5am and i arrived tuesday american time at about 3pm or so(SA time of midnight). SFO - Minneapolis - Amsterdam - Jo'burg. whew! I watched Invictus, Dear john, and Avatar...along with many episodes of Friends, heard life stories from sangita (an indian south african), Mary, Mitch ,& kami. Mitch's story was my favorite (if i'm allowed favorites) met him in amsterdam but he's from Houston. (that's right, can spot a texan right away) But he just quit his job, sold his car and everything to move to south africa in order to propose to his girlfriend. It was beautiful.

Here's to you Delta for getting me and my luggage safely to Jo'burg. I love it here so far... granted i've only met a few people and spent the most time with my pillow, but i do have a good feeling about the place. I was picked up by a New Zealander named Ruth, had breakfast with a crazy Australian named sai. She had neon pink hair and was trying to accomplish a great many tasks before her flight left in an hour (including pack) See friends, there are people out there who are a much bigger procrastinator than me. =) Sadly she left, with Gary (a south african who is married to Hayley,director at Lefika) he and his son Erin took Sai to the airport and then were picking up Hayley. I might have taken another nap before they got home and i ate dinner with them. This family is hilarious. There is this formal British like etiqette mixed with quick wit and humor. I loved it. Gary and Hayley and their two children live in the main house, there are two "cottages" off of it. I have a room and bathroom, and use the kitchen in the main house.

The other cottage is a little larger with a kitchenette and living area. An Australian couple will be moving in there next week. Tomorrow i'm going exploring and then Hayley is taking me to Lefika on Friday for the summer project meeting that will tell all about the upcoming events. =)
Ps 37:3
PS: for my world cup friends... you could spot the "regular" travelers out of the crowd of soccer "fanatic" travelers in any country. Just sayin.
3 comments:
so so so exciting!! glad you made it and you are safe. OH and SO excited to follow your summer blog :)
love you.
Whoohoo!! I am glad that you got there safely!! I'm looking forward to hear about how everything is going!
OK, so I have to say how thankful I am for your blog. Because- if it weren't for your blog, I would have no idea if you were alive or dead. so THANK YOU INTERNET!!!! MY SISTER LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment